VR Group - News and press releases
- VR Group purchases SeaRail Oy in its entirety
According to its strategy, VR Group emphasizes business in logistics services and purchases Green Cargo AB’s 50 per cent stake in SeaRail Oy. The deal came into... Read more
- VR Maintenance takes over a new field of operation as it wins the bidding process for the lifetime extension and overhaul Helsinki City Transport’s metro trains
VR-Group Ltd (implementing company VR Maintenance Ltd) has won the bidding process for the lifetime extension and overhaul of Helsinki City Transport’s (HKL) me... Read more
- VR invests in operational reliability and growth of freight traffic
VR Group has decided to buy 60 new diesel locomotives from Stadler. The value of the transaction is approximately EUR 200 million. The new locomotives will be m... Read more
- VR Group seeks new growth by establishing a subsidiary in Russia
VR Group is seeking growth from new business by investing in Russian raw wood wagons and establishing a subsidiary in Russia. The wagons will be used for the wo... Read more
- VR Group’s result for 2018 was excellent – rail traffic volumes increased
January–December 2018 in brief
The Group’s net sales increased by 2.0 per cent to EUR 1,276.6 (1,251.5) million.
VR Transpoint’s net sales grew and, in passen... Read more
- VR Group to incorporate maintenance business
VR Group will transfer its maintenance business to a subsidiary operating within the Group. Operating under the name VR Maintenance Oy, the company began its op... Read more
- NRC Group and VR Track join forces
Norway’s NRC Group and Finnish VR Track are joining forces to form the largest specialised rail infrastructure company in the Nordics, with strong capabilities ... Read more
- The Rail Regulatory Body has made a decision concerning VR’s service pricing related to the logistics and shunting work in frontier traffic
On 24 September 2018, the Rail Regulatory Body made a decision concerning VR’s service pricing related to the logistics and shunting work in frontier traffic.
... Read more
- VR Group’s profitability at a good level
In the January to March period, net sales were EUR 290.9 (293.6) million, which represents a decrease of 0.9 per cent.
The Group's operating profit for the per... Read more
- VR Group’s financial results reach an all-time high
Net sales increased by 5.5 per cent to EUR 1,251 (1,187) million.
Operating profit was EUR 110.3 (43.3) million, or 8.8 (3.3) per cent of net sales.
The numbe... Read more
- Tatu Tuominen appointed VR Group’s Senior Vice President, Communications
Tatu Tuominen, 48, M.Pol.Sc, has been appointed VR Group’s Senior Vice President, Communications. He will take up his new position on 15 January 2018. Since 201... Read more
- VR Group’s profitability increased significantly
Net sales increased in January−September by 5.8 per cent to EUR 923.5 (872.6) million.
The Group's operating profit for the period was EUR 82.5 (25.5) million,... Read more
- New electric locomotives serving freight traffic
VR Group’s Sr3 electric locomotives make it possible to apply new, efficient operating models in freight traffic. The new workhorse with its versatile features ... Read more
- VR to acquire new rolling stock for domestic long-distance traffic
Strong growth continues in domestic rail travel. VR will buy new rolling stock for long-distance traffic from Transtech with the aim of responding to the increa... Read more
- VR aims for strong position in competitively tendered passenger services
On 9 August, the Ministry of Transport and Communications announced its plans for opening up passenger services to competitive tendering on an accelerated timet... Read more
- VR Group's operating profit increased substantially
VR Group’s operating profit in the January to June period was EUR 36.8 million and improved from the EUR 1.2 million in the previous year.
In passenger traffic... Read more
- VR Group is selling its head office: Scandic to open a hotel in Helsinki Railway Station
VR Group is selling its head office, located in connection with Helsinki Railway Station, to real estate investment company Exilion, which will renovate the fac... Read more
- New Vectron locomotives in action soon
The first Sr3 electric locomotive starts to operate in commercial traffic on Wednesday, 31 May.
The first eight Sr3 electric locomotives were officially transf... Read more
- A strong first quarter for VR Group
VR Group’s net sales have increased by 10.6 per cent, with operating profit amounting to EUR 15.3 million.
From January through March, 21.7 million journeys we... Read more
- Practice familiar from the metro extended to trains: Buy your ticket before boarding the commuter train
On 19 June, a new customer service model will be introduced in the Helsinki region commuter trains. Ticket sales in commuter trains will end and conductors w... Read more